Decorating your bedroom can be exciting especially when you start buying furniture and accent decor. There was a time when everyone would have to purchase furniture at a furniture store and decor at a home furnishing outlet. These days, you can buy almost everything on the Internet. That includes big pieces like a bed or oversized canvas wall art.
You no longer have to go to an art gallery to buy canvas wall art. Doing it from your home can save you time, energy and even money for gas. Another advantage to buying wall art from home is the convenience of being able to surf on dozens if not hundreds of choices. You will be able to find canvas art sets on several websites, offset canvas pieces, or even oversized canvas wall art. The choices of styles are also varied from traditional to modern abstract.
If you will be decorating your master’s bedroom, you will probably need bigger canvas wall art than a 2 foot by 2 foot single canvas. To choose a painting to go with a Queen or Kind sized bed, you would have to pick something wider than a typical canvas wall art. A long rectangular painting would be ok, but 3 piece canvas art sets might look more interesting and more modern. Here are some tips on how to buy 3 piece canvas art sets for your bedroom.
1. Measure – Take some measurements of the wall you are going to decorate. If you will be hanging the 3 piece canvas art set behind your bed, measure your bed’s width too. You don’t want to get a canvas art set that will be too short or too long. Balance the 3 piece canvas’ width to your bed’s.
2. Negative space – Consider the “negative space”, that would be the space between your headboard’s top and the ceiling, and the space to the sides from where your canvas art set will be hung. Again, the key is balance. If you have a high ceiling, go for taller wall art.
3. Materials – Of course you should get canvas wall art made of good quality. Oil paintings are known to last a lifetime but acrylics are also gaining popularity, especially for abstract canvas paintings. Check the ‘support’, that’s the material the picture is painted on. They can be anything from wood, paper, or canvas. If you are going to get canvas wall art, get the ones painted on gallery wrapped canvas.
4. Hanging – It can be difficult to hang oversized or long canvas wall art yourself. You can benefit from canvas art sets that divide the weight between several pieces of canvas. Try to look for canvas wall art pieces that are ready-to-hang so you won’t have to wire them yourself. This also prevents damage to the canvas wall art. It can be difficult to wire a canvas without the proper tools, and can also cause damage to the artwork if done incorrectly.
5. Visual appeal – Choose canvas wall art that you like to look at. This is one of the most important advice anyone can give you when buying wall art. It all boils down to how much you enjoy looking at a painting. Although you can fall in love with a particular painting, be aware though that you also have to consider the colors in your room. If you get the colors wrong, it may not look that appealing after all.