You don’t always have to hang canvas wall art the traditional way. You can add some flair by doing something other than hanging one canvas on the wall with a nail.
Experiment with creative ways to hang your canvas differently to add some pizazz to your wall decor. It will make your room and painting more interesting to look at.
Here are some ways to hang canvas wall art differently:
1) Hang your painting with a ribbon that is exposed on top of the canvas. The ribbon will attract more attention to the painting and actually becomes part of the artwork. Choose pretty but plain ribbons. Avoid ribbons with intricate designs or patterns to keep the focus on the artwork.
2) Frame your canvas with a complementing wooden or metal frame. If your artwork is traditional in style then use a wooden frame. You can use a metal frame for something more modern like minimalist abstract paintings. You can also use plain black wooden frames for modern paintings.
3) You can hang a series of different paintings with the same theme, similar colors , and the same sized in a row. This gives off a museum gallery like presentation. Don’t over do it in one room though. You can hang paintings this way in about two walls in one room.
4) Grouping several canvas wall art of different sizes, colors and themes will add an interesting touch to your wall. The various sizes and colors will make your wall an interesting conversation piece. This one will definitely not bore your house guests.
5) Hang canvas art sets of 3 to 5 pieces. Canvas art sets are composed of several canvas pieces but make up one picture. This way of hanging artwork creates a picture window like effect and is ideal for a large living room.